Commercial Pilot Licence
Real-world pilot training
WIth the Commercial Pilot Licence you will be able to work as a professional pilot in Australia and overseas. Once you have completed your Private Pilot Licence, the CPL course is focused on getting you ready for the “real world” airline and charter settings. Contact us to get your Commercial Pilot Licence in Sydney.
Or call us: 02 9791 9155
Contact us on 02 9791 9155 with any questions you may have. We have flexible payment and training options.
CPL Course Package in Sydney
CPL pilot training and outcomes
The CPL course package includes real-world scenarios of commercial operations. This course will be focused on improving your existing abilities to meet the requirements of the charter and airline industries. Although some students complete it to become more proficient pilots, and not just as a potential career path.
On successful completion of the Commercial Pilot License, you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to be provided with a commercial flight route and efficiently plan to navigate taking into consideration payloads, fuel and weather.
CPL course prerequisites
- Aviation Reference Number (ARN)
- Aviation Medical (Class 1 or 2)
- Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- RPL and/or PPL
- Minimum age is 18 years old
CPL flight training Syllabus
- Students will need a total of 200 flying hours logged, 100 dual and 100 solo, of which 20h are cross-country.
- Standard practice is 10 dual navigation exercises and the rest solo navigation.
- On average, student pilots will need to complete around 130h on top of RPL/PPL.
CPL theory syllabus
- Students are to self-study. We offer 1 on 1 tuition if required.
- Instructors are available for tutoring if required
- Exams to be completed:
- CPL Aerodynamics
- CPL Human Factors
- CPL AGK
- CPL Performance
- CPL Meteorology
- CPL Navigation
- CPL Airlaw
CPL course duration
- Full-time: 6 – 12 months (weather dependent)
- Part-time: 10 – 18 months on average, every student is different.
CPL course price
- We offer a pay-as-you-go pricing model, rather than requesting lump sums upfront.
- Based on CASA minimums the completion of the CPL course on a Cessna 150 + 182/206 will be around $80,000
Our flight school in Sydney
All training is conducted at our flying school in Sydney, located at Bankstown Airport. Flight Academy Bankstown is the sister organisation of Sydney Skydivers. Aussie-owned and operated we have been in the aviation industry for over 50 years. Our flying school has everything required to cater for student needs: plane hangar, new classrooms, flight simulator, kitchen and hangout area.
Trial Flight Location
We operate from Bankstown Aerodrome. Our flying school classrooms and hangar are located at 77 Tower Road. We have free parking available on-site.