Private Pilot Licence
Get your PPL in Sydney
PPL is the second pilot licence in Australia. It will let you be the pilot in command of larger and more complex aircraft than the Recreational Pilot Licence. At Flight Academy Australia we have a PPL course package to cover all requirements for a successful result in your PPL test. Contact us to enrol in this course at our flight school in Sydney.
Or call us: 02 9791 9155
Contact us on 02 9791 9155 with any questions you may have. We have flexible payment and training options.
PPL Course Package
You will be required to complete about 40h of flying on top of the Recreational Pilot Licence.
PPL flight training and outcomes
The PPL course will cover all requirements for a successful completion of your Private Pilot Licence exam. With the Private Pilot Licence you will be able to fly a General Aviation aircraft as pilot in command anywhere in Australia.
PPL Course Prerequisites
- Aviation Reference Number (ARN)
- Aviation Medical (Class 1 or 2)
- Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Recreational Pilot Licence
- Minimum age is 17 years old
PPL flight training Syllabus
- Standard practice consists of 10 navigation exercises prior to flight test
- 8 dual and 2 solo navigations
- Each nav will average 2.5 to 3.5h, the PPL course duration will be between 30 to 40h. It is competency-based training for FAB’s non-integrated 141.
RPL Theory Syllabus
- Students are to self-study. We offer 1 on 1 tuition if required.
- Instructors are available for tutoring if needed.
- Students will have to complete CASA’s PPL exam.
PPL course duration
- Full-time: 1 – 2 months (weather dependent)
- Part-time: 3 – 6 months on average, every student is different.
- We offer a pay-as-you-go pricing model, rather than requesting a lump sum.
- The total price to meet PPL practice minimums is around $27,500
- You can see FAB’s hourly rates and fees here
Our flight school in Sydney
All training is conducted at our flying school in Sydney, located at Bankstown Airport. Flight Academy Bankstown is the sister organisation of Sydney Skydivers. Aussie-owned and operated we have been in the aviation industry for over 50 years. Our flying school has everything required to cater for student needs: plane hangar, new classrooms, flight simulator, kitchen and hangout area.
Our flight school
We operate from Bankstown Aerodrome. Our flying school classrooms and hangar are located at 77 Tower Road. We have free parking available on-site.